AR Events Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
AR Events Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect or obtain information
- When you provide it to us eg. by contacting us or signing up to receive information
- From your use of the website
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- On event signage and guest list information.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for post event feedback. We may contact you by email or phone.
How long we retain your personal information
In general, we will retain your information for no longer than necessary, taking into account the following:
- the purpose(s) for which we are processing your personal information, such as whether it is necessary to continue to store that information in order to continue to perform our obligations under a contract with you or for our legitimate interests;
- whether we have any legal obligation to continue to process your information, such as any record-keeping obligations imposed by applicable law; and
- whether we have any legal basis to continue to process your personal information, such as your consent.
Where you order goods or services from us, we will retain your information for six years from the end of the financial year in which you purchased those goods or services from us, in accordance with our legal obligations to keep records for tax purposes.
Where you contact us with an enquiry, we will retain your information for as long as it takes to respond to and resolve your enquiry, and for 12 further month(s), after which point we will delete your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- you may request access to your personal information and be informed of its use
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information.
- to object to us using or processing your personal information where we use or process it in order to carry out a task in the public interest or for our legitimate interests.
- to object to us using or processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes by:
- clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and following the instructions which appear in your browser following your clicking on that link;
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking that we stop sending you marketing communications or by including the words “OPT OUT”.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Contact us for more information or call us on 01484 539432